Followers

DIE ANTWOORD - READING FESTIVAL REVIEW

/
0 Comments
Reading 2016 wasn’t the first time I had seen this wacky, alternative band. I saw them two years previously at Reading festival dominating the NME tent, it was electric so obviously I was expecting big things from them as soon as they had been announced to perform again.

I was eager to see how they would handle all the space that main stage had to offer, were they going to fill it? Could they own it like they did the NME tent? Yes and yes. The raping, raving trio absolutely killed it.
Image result for die antwoord reading 2016
http://readdork.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Die-Antwoord_Reading-Festival-2016_750_SLB_-68.jpg

They edgy South African group kept me on my toes throughout the whole set. The masses of the crowd began to bounce and dive between each other, wherever there was room that is. They managed to creep out the crowd at every opportunity and even had an uncomfortable air about them.
Image result for die antwoord reading 2016
http://readdork.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Die-Antwoord_Reading-Festival-2016_750_SLB_-201-1500x998.jpg

During their performance they sang all their bizarre and weird songs; “Babys on Fire”, “I Fink U Freeky” and “Ugly Boy”. They sang a variety of their different hits, mixing their old and new albums.


Every time I see them I feel as if the organisation is giving them the short straw. During 2014 they performed around 2 in the afternoon, this year they performed around the same time. Wouldn’t it be cranked up a notch if they went on stage during the evening, their stage presence is already captivating with numerous costume changes, their quirkiness could have been amplified via light shows etc. I would say maybe next year but after their statement it looks unlikely to happen... 


You may also like

No comments: