Followers

THE SKINTS

/
0 Comments
First of all, thank you to my friend Ev for taking me to see this amazing band. Without him I wouldn’t have heard their music. Before attending their gig at the Engine Rooms in Southampton I had never heard of The Skints. I gave them a brief listen to the night before but that was it. I have to be honest, I wasn’t a huge fan at first but seeing them live has completely changed my perspective. You can see how they all enjoy playing and creating music, feeding off the chanting audience and eyes glancing up at them. Their quirky sound is unique and unlike no other.
http://www.outpostmedia.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/THESKINTS_1202150385.jpg

It is incredibly difficult to pigeon hole this band into a category. Electro, Ska, Reggae? All of the above and more. It wasn’t just their mixture of different sounds that stood out, but their friendly vibe. Not only do they sound even better live than recorded songs but they engaged with everyone in the room. Even giving a shout out to a kid who whitey-d outside just moments before they appeared on stage. They also spread their love to people from Portsmouth, which was risky to mention on Southampton turf.

Throughout their whole set I couldn’t take my eyes off them. Totally captivated by them. I didn’t really know any of their songs but I somehow managed to sing along anyway. When I did manage to interrupt my gaze for a split second everyone was smiling ear to ear, dancing with each other.
http://modern-vinyl.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/The-Skints.jpg



The Skints seemed genuinely grateful that people had taken time out of their day to see them perform, they are down to earth, humble and peaceful. If you enjoy a gig that has good vibes with some funky music check them out. 


You may also like

No comments: